Are you looking for a Government job? Do you like clerical work? If yes, you should explore the career option of Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is a government entity that, like the UPSC that conducts various exams every year to recruit candidates in different posts in ministries, departments and organisations of the Government of India. It is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for selecting staff for various Group B and Group C posts. The postings are for competitive positions such as tax assistants, income tax inspectors, auditors, statistical investigators, junior accountants, assistant enforcement officer, Upper Divisions Clerk etc.
SSC conducts many exams like
- SSC CHSL (Combined Higher secondary exam )
- SSC CGL (Combined Graduate level exam )
- MTS (Multi Tasking Staff)
- Junior Engineering examination
- Stenographer (Grade C)
What are the roles and responsibilities in Staff Selection Commission (SSC)?
Roles and responsibilities vary for a different post.
- Assistant Audit Officer - conduct audits of govt./public sector organizations.
- Inspector Examiner (CBEC) - Verify taxations on goods passing through ports.
- Income Tax Inspector (CBDT) - Assess and verify and process IT records.
- Central Excise Inspector (CBEC) - Assess and verify and process central excise and Service tax.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer (AEO) - Preventing money laundering/forgery etc.
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission) - Monitors vigilance activities carried out by various central govt. Organizations.
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau) - Maintain and record intelligence data in the system.
- Sub Inspectors (CBI) - Investigative case and manage data.
- SSC JE (Junior Engineer) - Perform engineering functions for a government organization. Civil engineer, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer etc work in different departments.